Tuesday, December 22, 2009

If I grind up a white-gold ring into a powder and put it into a tattoo, will my body reject it?

I have heard of people putting their loved ones ashes into a tattoo, but i dont have ashes. I have my wedding ring. From what i understand, ashes dont get rejected because they are carbon. So my thinking is that gold is a very stable element, so it wouldnt be rejected. Any thoughts from experts (tattoo professionals or doctors) would be greatly appreciated.


ThanksIf I grind up a white-gold ring into a powder and put it into a tattoo, will my body reject it?
the composition is so different from ashes which can be ground to a powder.


how about melting down your ring and having an original piercing instead if what your intention is,is to have it in your body.If I grind up a white-gold ring into a powder and put it into a tattoo, will my body reject it?
Hi, I think the thought behind the idea is wonderful, but, the body would reject the gold, it would consider it a foreign material and push it out. I like the idea of melting it down and getting a piercing from the new piece of jewelry. A lot of miners (gold, coal, silver) scrape themselves at work and the material they are mining can become lodged under the skin. Eventually, the body pushes it out. My grandfather used to tell us it was the body's way of keeping itself clean. I do know of people who are in accidents and the glass can stay under the skin if it's not picked out, and some children who fall off of their bikes get rocks lodged beneath the skin. But, the gold, I think the body wold reject it. Now, here's a totally absurd option, and I don't pretend to know anything about it, but, some people are now doing a body modification where they are having implants put under the skin to make the skin protrude. Do I think it sounds like a good idea? No, but I know people are doing it. Would a gold ring be something you should put under the skin? I don't know, I am not a medical professional, but, people are doing it with other materials. Best wishes!!!
i dont know if that is possible , but if its a band with no stones id say a tattoo/pericing/implant shop can place it under you skin lets just say upper breast for example and it would be harmless and in its whole form and may be removed at burial for any heirs as keepsake , a web site called bmezine.com i think its spelled or ur google will fix/and find it , you can see the many things people have had implanted , some more extreme than others , but u can get an ideal how they look healed , matter o fact im going to check it now for ring implants gl
This is a beautiful idea. I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say that I love this. I don't know about you but putting someone's ashes into a tattoo sounds seriously morbid to me... though it's the thought that counts I guess.


Anyway, good luck
Yes, the skin would reject it. Big time.
possibly. you might ahve a problem mixing it with the ink too
  • isotretinoin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment