Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I wonder if you can make lasagna with rice, tomato sauce, spinach, chicken, cheese and garlic powder?

i was thinking of experimenting rice,cheese, spinach, or chicken, tomato sauce and olive oil and turn them into a lasagna. i think it would be a bad idea. can you give me ideas and different variations?I wonder if you can make lasagna with rice, tomato sauce, spinach, chicken, cheese and garlic powder?
This rice lasagna recipe might be a good one to base your idea on. (There's a pic.) Then substitute chicken for the beef, and tweak in other small ways according to your own needs:


http://www.tammysrecipes.com/rice_lasagn鈥?/a>I wonder if you can make lasagna with rice, tomato sauce, spinach, chicken, cheese and garlic powder?
You could make a chicken and rice casserole with these ingredients. Lasagna would require the traditional noodles.





If you want to go ahead with your recipe and be able to slice it, pre-cook the rice and add an egg to bind the mixture. I'd probably put everything together with some of the cheese. Then I'd put cheese on the top and bake it for 45 minutes to an hour covered with foil. Take the foil off during the last ten minutes of cooking.





Another way would be to leave out the spinach and put a layer of chicken and rice mixture in the bottom of your dish. Layer in your spinach and some of the cheese. Then layer on the rest of the chicken and rice mixture with cheese on the top.





I'd also use minced garlic rather than garlic powder because garlic powder can have a rather harsh flavor.





Tip: I never serve a brand spanking new recipe to guests. I try it out on my husband first. I had one disaster many years ago, I don't ever want to go through that again.





Good luck.
It wouldn't be a lasagna - but would make a lovely rissotto or egg fried rice or stuffed tomatoes - but you could make a chicken and spinach lasagna or canneloni
Well if you use rice instead of a long flat noodle, you are making a Rice CASSEROLE, not a Lasagna anymore.
It would make a nice casserole dish, but not a lasagna (without lasagna noodles). It might not slice unto squares; and may have to be served with a big spoon ... but should taste yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment