Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gold bond/Lotramine Athlete's Foot Powder Swollen Reaction?

Prior to this reaction; 2 days ago I soaked my foot in diluted bleach, and had 'normal' skin/foot for a day inbetween then and now. I called poison control about the bleach exposure and they basically said that would not cause this and the amount of bleach when mixed w/ water is no cause for alarm. (even though it was a strong ratio) So with that question out of the way, I can only attribute it to the powders that were intoduced today.





I applied both Gold Bond Maximum strength (blue bottle) and Lotramine AF powders to my toes today at lunch to combat itchy athelete's foot. Tonight my foot is ever so slightly red, swollen and kind of numb. I have since washed my foot to clean it from these powders and now that it's dry its kinda of scaly/ cracked skin and feels like pins and needles.





When I move my toes, they are swollen to the point where a mass of skin kind of bunches up at the base of the toes when flexed up toward the sky...like they are fat. (I'm a skinny guy) It also kinda hurts to move them around.





Will this just go away? Did I OD on Gold Bond? (My foot kind of has that winterfresh tingly feeling to it, but swollen and not healthy/normal looking) Did mixing the two powders disturb the actual tissue/muscule of my toe region? Was there residuals of bleach that reacted w/ the powders? What should I do? I dont think it's to the point where I should seek medical attention, but if the swelling doesnt go down by tomorrow, I will prob get it checked out.





To add, there is a slight clear discharge of fluid from a small crack in the skin presumably from atheletes foot...and the skin surface looks really dry.





Any help would be appreciatedGold bond/Lotramine Athlete's Foot Powder Swollen Reaction?
I KNOW THIS IS HORRID BuT IT WoRKS Pee on your Infected areas it wILL clear up THe probLem fast without irritation someone suggested it to me i did it once and I never got it again goodluckGold bond/Lotramine Athlete's Foot Powder Swollen Reaction?
Athlete's foot is a condition caused by the fungus candida albicans. The Lotrimin is an anti-fungal. I would encourage you to seek medical attention tomorrow if the swelling does not go down. Ice packs may assist in reducing the swelling.
If your feet are over dry they can swell up which is kinda what your problem sounds like. But some extra moisterizing lotion on it and moisterize your feet. The swelling should go down. Dry skin would also explain the pain, dry skin is painful and has a tight feel to it. In my experiance Gold bond doesn't work well for me (I have dry skin). I use Aveeno. I would stay away from bleach, in chemistry you learn that bleach is actually really bad and on the bottle it says to wear gloves when cleaning with bleach (I believe it does, but now I'm not sure). Bleach would definitly contribute to the dry skin (it really drys my skin out) and I would avoid it. I haven't ever had athletes foot so I don't know what works for that, but I think if you keep your feet clean, dry, and moisterized (not too much), then you should be just fine. Good Luck, I hope you feel better.
  • isotretinoin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment